1. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
3. How the law protects you
The law says that we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data.
- We can only collect your data with your consent
- When it is our duty- e.g. data needed such as a phone number to call you when your taxi has arrived
- When it is in our legitimate interest (which we must clearly define)- such as direct marketing.
4. Your rights
- The GDPR regulation of ‘transparency’ means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data.
- You have the right to request your data from us
- You have the right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office.
You also have the right to query or complain if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information.
To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
9. What if you ask us to stop using your data?
- As mentioned above, you can ask us to stop using your data at any time by unsubscribing and ‘opting out’ of being contacted further.
- You also have the right to query or complain if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information.
To do this, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Safekab 22 Prince William Road, Loughborough, LE11 5GU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
10. Data protection impact assessment
This will allow an organisation to identify and fix problems at an early stage.
For further guidance see the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/
11. Paypal / Credit Card Details
Inverness taxis does not collect or store credit card details or any other financial information on this website or on our app.