As the world grapples with climate change and environmental degradation, the importance of sustainability has become increasingly apparent. Sustainability refers to the practice of meeting our needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs. ‘Sustainability’ is the word on the lips of everyone, from CEOs to school kids.
What are the benefits of building more sustainable practices in our personal and working lives?
Preserving the Planet: We must do our part to look after the environment! Sustainable practices help us reduce our environmental footprint and keep the planet safe. From cutting down on pollution to making sure we don’t waste any of our precious limited resources, being green definitely pays off!
Get Efficient: Sustainability is all about using energy and resources more efficiently. That means turning away from coal, oil and gas, and opting for renewables instead, like wind or solar power. Not only is it better for the planet, but it will also have a positive effect on our wallets too.
Healthier Planet: Sustainability leads to the creation of a healthier planet. Reduced carbon emissions and a cleaner environment leads to fresher air. Plus clean water and a more vibrant ecosystem is essential for both people and wildlife. In the Highlands, we may feel we are insulated from the problems of pollution. But our own Church Street in Inverness was named one of the most polluted streets in the UK. Investing in more sustainability helps our local environment just as much wider ecosystem – a great thing for everyone!
Economic Prosperity: A sustainable future is a more prosperous future. Sustainable practices create new jobs in green industries such as renewable energy, natural building, and sustainable agriculture. Such industries are essential for economic growth and stability, particularly in rural areas.
At Safekab we believe we have a responsibility towards present and future generations. By preserving resources and limiting the damage our taxi rides in Inverness does to the environment. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a sustainable future, we are introducing several new procedures to help with sustainable transport.
- Walk and Taxi: At SafeKab, we suggest taking a walk into town for your shopping and using a taxi for the return trip where possible. This not only benefits the environment but also helps to reduce the stress and fatigue associated with long walks.
- Cycle and Taxi: Just like walking, this is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and get some exercise at the same time. At SafeKab we have a lot of larger vehicles that can transport you and your bike home, so why not cycle into town for your shopping and let us take you and your bicycle home when you’re ready?
- Ridesharing: is a fantastic way to promote sustainability and we strongly recommend it to all our customers when booking a taxi with us, especially if you’re planning a night out with friends travelling to a shared destination. By sharing a ride with others, you not only decrease the number of vehicles on the road but also contribute to energy conservation and reduce harmful emissions. This helps make the world a greener, more sustainable place to live.
- City Office: When in town, we encourage our customers to use our SafeKab office on Church Street, Inverness to get their taxi home. This not only saves energy but also helps us to rideshare you with another customer.
- Cancel Unnecessary Trips: We ask our customers to call and cancel their taxi if it’s no longer required. Sending a car to you uses a lot of energy, fuel, and time and by cancelling the trip, we can conserve energy and reduce emissions. If customers do not cancel their journeys, their registered card will still be charged to offset the journey made and fuel wasted. We understand plans change, but wasted journeys for drivers lead to needless waste which is not good for our planet.